Oh Your Poor Delicate Shell-Like Ears

By Travis Lyle a.k.a DJ Hedmekanik

I know that the new Portishead isn't everybody's cup of misery. Hell, even I think they've included some mopery, but then they've made name on the back of that, haven't they? So what's all the bloody surprise about? Godsakes, some people, they're never happy. In any case, as a dedicated Portishead lover, I've gone out into the menacing wastes of the interweb (it's brutal out there) and scouted for something that wasn't straight off the album, Third, and had a little more oomph. For my tastes, the high-pitched whine on 'We Carry On' isn't a problem. Maybe I've finally blown my ears into submission...it's a distinct possibility. Similarly, the staccato stabs on 'Machine Gun' aren't an issue - in fact, I quite dig them. Nonetheless, I understand that some don't.
 

2 comments so far.

  1. World's Greatest Music May 13, 2008 at 12:26 PM
    I just added you to my links on http://worldsgreatestmusic.blogspot.com/

    be lovely if you could do the same for me

    also what do you think of my other favourite South African artist Yoav? www.myspace.com/yoavmusic
  2. Travis Lyle a.k.a DJ Hedmekanik May 13, 2008 at 12:32 PM
    Done.

    Didn't know anything about Yoav, but thanks for the heads-up, have just found some info on him, and will look into it.

    Thanks again!

Something to say?